Sunday Mornings at 10:00 a.m.
(a new time!)
NEW HOPE CHURCH
880 Castle Valley Blvd. (Next to City Market)
New Castle, CO 81647
8:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
We ENGAGE with the Lord,
with One Another,
and with Our Community.
Passionate to know god and make him known
New Hope Church Statement of Faith
Statement of Faith
- Authority: We believe that the Holy Bible is the final authority in faith and practice. This church recognizes that it cannot bind the conscience of individual members in areas where Scripture is silent. Rather, each believer is to be led in those areas by the Lord, to whom he or she alone is ultimately responsible. We believe that every Christian’s purpose in life is to glorify God, grow in Christ, and help other to grow towards Christ. (1Cor. 4:2, Col. 1:28, 1Tim. 6:6-9, Heb. 10:24-25, 1Pet. 1:14-15, 2Pet. 3:18)
- The Bible: We believe that the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the inspired Word of God, inerrant in the original writings, complete as the revelation of God’s will for salvation and supreme and final authority in faith and life. (2Tim. 3:16-17, 2Pet. 1-19-21)
- The Trinity: We believe in one God, Creator and Sustainer of all things, eternally existing in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, each of whom possesses equally all the attributes of deity and the characteristics of personality. (Gen. 1:26, Deut. 6:4, Matt. 3:16-17; 28:19)
- God the Father: We believe in God the Father, and infinite personal Spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power and love. We believe He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men, hears and answers prayer, and saves from eternal death all who come to Him through Jesus Christ. (John 16: 23-27, Gal. 4: 4-6, Eph. 1:3, 17-23)
- God the Son: We believe in Jesus Chris, God’s eternal Son. He is fully God and fully man, conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. We believe that He lived a sinless life on earth and died a substitutionary death on the cross, which His sacrifice for the sins of all men satisfied God’s justice, and that all who believe in Him are freed from the penalty of sin and made acceptable before God on the grounds of His sin-payment and His righteousness. We believe in His bodily resurrection from the dead, His ascension into heaven, His current ministry of intercession on behalf of His people, and His eminent visible return from heaven. (Matt. 1:18-23, Luke 24: 1-8, John 1:1, 14; Acts 1:11; 2Cro. 5:19-21; Heb 4:14-16, 1John 2:1; Rev. 19, 20)
- God the Holy Spirit: We believe in the Holy Spirit. He is fully God, sent into the world by the Father and the Son to apply the saving work of Christ to men. He enlightens the minds of sinners, awakens in them recognition of their need of a Savior, and brings rebirth and renewal to them. At the point of salvation, He permanently indwells every believer, and uniquely endows each believer with gifts for building up the Church, Christ’s body, and produces the spiritual fruit of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. (Matt. 28:19-20; John 3:5, Acts 1:8, 5:3-4; 1Cor. 6:11, 19, and 12:4-13; Gal. 5:22. 23; Eph 3:6, 4-11-16, 1Pet. 4-10)
- God’ Eternal Purpose: We believe God’s eternal purpose began before the beginning of the universe. God’s purpose for mankind is for someone from every tribe, tongue, nation and people to worship Him forever more. God’s eternal purpose includes us being intimately involved in His purposes. To that end no greater purpose exists than to know God and to make Him, known. God is a jealous God who is rightfully given the Glory due Him when His creation is redeemed through His Son, Jesus Christ. (Rev. 5:9, 7:9; Psalm 67:1-7; Gen. 12:1-3)
- Man: We believe God created man, male and female, in the image of God and free from sin. We believe that men are sinners because of the fall and because of their own choices in life and are therefore spiritually separated from God. We also believe that those who repent and trust Christ for salvation are born again spiritually by the Holy Spirit. (Gen. 1:26-27, 2:7-13, 19; Gen. 3; Rom. 3:23, 5:12-21, 6:23)
- Salvation: We believe that salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus Christ. We believe that salvation is based upon the sovereign grace of God, was paid for by Christ on the cross, is received by faith, and cannot be earned through good works, rituals of Church membership. We also believe that salvation produces a desire to become more like Christ in character and purpose and will at death, lead to eternal life in heaven. (1Tim. 2:4-5; John 1:12, 3:3-7, 5:24; Tit. 3:5; Eph. 2:8-10; Rom. 113:8-10)
- The Church: We believe that the Church is a spiritual body with Jesus Chris as its head. We believe the Church is made up of all those who have trusted Christ as their Savior and Lord. We believe that Scripture commands believers to gather together to devote themselves to worship, prayer, teaching of the Word, observance of believer’s baptism and communion as the ordinances established by Jesus Christ, fellowship, service to the body through the development and use of talents and gifts, and outreach to the world. We also believe in the interdependence of local churches and mutual submission of believers to each other and their spiritual leaders. We believe that each local church is self-governing in function and must be free from interference by any ecclesiastical or political authority. We believe that every person is directly responsible to God in matters of faith and life. We also believe that Scripture teaches faithful stewardship of God’s resources. (Matt. 28:18-20; Acts 1:8, 2:41-47; 1Cor. 11:23-26; Eph. 5:21; Col. 1:18; Heb. 10:24-25; Matt. 22:21; Rom. 13:1; 1Tim. 2:1-6)
- Last Things: We believe there will be a resurrection of the body for all men and a judgment that will determine the fate of each individual. Unbelievers will be eternally separated from God and believers will be received into eternal communion with God and will be rewarded for works done in this life. (John 5:29; 1Cor. 3:11-15, 15:1-58; 2 Cor. 5:8, 10; Eph. 2:8-9; 1Thess. 4:13-18; 2 John 8; Rev. 19-20)
New Hope Church - 880 Castle Valley Blvd.
(Next to City Market) New Castle, CO 81647
P.O. Box 620, New Castle, CO 81647
Created in Adobe Muse by Susan Parr